At Ag Leader, we understand our employees are the heart of our company, and the personalities our customers and dealers interact with every day. Take some time to meet our team. These are the people who make our company great, and help bring cutting-edge precision technology to the marketplace.
Tell us the basics
My name is Barry Anderson, I work as an Agronomist here at Ag Leader. I’ve been here two years now. I was born and raised in Aurora, Nebraska but currently live in Ames, Iowa.
Tell us about your work
As a Precision Technology Agronomist, my main responsibilities are to help lead the effort in educating growers, dealers and team members on the practical application and agronomic benefits of current and emerging precision agriculture technologies across multiple crop production environments.
My role encompasses:
- • On-farm agronomy trials segmented by crop type
- • Evaluation of trials planted
- • Collecting as-planted data
- • Summarize performance data analysis to drive sales
- • Working with Sales and Marketing in delivering agronomic resources that help build customer trust, dealer confidence and employee competence
- • Further leverage existing relationships with Universities and industry experts
- • Coordinate and evaluate international trials (Ukraine, Italy and South Africa)
- • Lead agronomy focused educational training to communicate and demonstrate the agronomic benefits of precision technology.
As for my favorite part of the job, I enjoy interacting with people in the field. As I tell many people, my job changes as the season changes which is always rewarding. The other big part of my job that I enjoy is research, which involves not only current, but also new technologies and techniques that increase agricultural productivity and efficiencies.
And working at Ag Leader, the people and the culture here are my favorite aspects. I have worked for a large corporation or two before, and working here at Ag Leader is a breath of fresh air.
Tell us about yourself
Outside of work I enjoy being outdoors and taking in any outdoor activity. I enjoy working on our lawn, walking, hiking, bicycling, boating, skiing, hunting and the list goes on and on…
My favorite food is potato bologna which a tradition that my family has made for generations. It’s made and eaten at Christmas time, but we always save some to eat at other special times throughout the year.
As far as travelling, I thoroughly enjoy the mountainous areas across the U.S. It really doesn’t matter if I’m in the Rockies in Colorado or the Tetons in Montana, they are all special places to me because of enjoying the beauty that God has created.
The book that I’m currently reading is “Mud, Sweat, and Tears” which is written by Northern Irish adventurer Bear Grylls. I would recommend this book and most other autobiographies because they generally provide valuable life lessons.
Stay tuned for more Meet the Team employee features! Be sure to check out our other blog content here.